Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Mega Post...for Dyno Danny...

Ok...where to start? After a months of planning for my recent Vacation, it came and gone in the time it takes one to sneeze, as it seems. It was me, Charlie,Melody and her parents - Kathlyn and Dao...let the fun begin!

Here it goes...3/16...drinks at the airport before departure
 Landed at 1am 3/17 and checked into the Hampton Inn in New Orleans...pretty cool hotel(used to be a old factory)

Day 1: Port of New Orleans/Voyager of the Seas Embarkation - 3/17/2012
 
Then spent the first half of the day walking the French Quarter before boarding the cruise ship...we followed the signs...
First order of business was breakfast...which consisted of the Ferdi Special Po Boy from Mother's Restaurant...this sandwich is always bomb!
Of course...had to have a couple of Pisto's
Me and Melody's pops...brew it!


High noon struck real soon and we had to high tail back to grab our luggage to board the Voyager of the Seas! Damn thing is HUGE!


A small city inside!





Damn ship has a Rock Climbing Wall, Mini Golf Course, and a Basketball court...outta control...






And Charlie...being Charlie...Bottoms up!





From my balcony...and shots of my room for the next 7 days...


  Got acquainted with the ship throughout the day...had some dinner and grabbed much needed shut eye. 

Day 2:Cruising Gulf of Mexico - 3/18/2012

We were well on our way to our first stop... Cozumel, Mexico.
It was agreed by me,Charles, and Melody to unwind the right way...we all have worked so darn hard up until this point and whatever we were doing the past 2 days was not helping us relax. Alcohol was called upon for much needed help...it all started after a quick workout session and breakfast...we started mixing up screwdrivers and redbull/vodkas that I sneaked on...from there on out...it was a drunkin', liver pounding fiasco! After all was said and done...it was a round of Screwdrivers,followed by a round of Red Bull/Vodka's, then a round of Coconut Blast's(fucking things were bomb!), then 2 rounds of Kamikaze's,then rounded out all of that with a little over 2 dozen 16oz Bud Lights thrown in the mix...needles to say, it was "Hammer" time...I barely remember any of it. The day started with people all around us on the upper deck, by the end of it...we were the only ones left standing...but not for long! This next set of pictures reveals how hammered we got...


 Then came the Kamikaze's...and the Beer


 By now, we were all preaching about life's shit...
 Then came the "representin'"...and all the dumb shit that comes along with it...


 I think at one point, and I emphasize Think, we knocked over the bucket of Beer by accident and I'm trying to clean it up...comical and embarrassing at the same time...
 Then, at one point after that, I temporarily passed out...goodness

 Shortly after this photo, we were craving food...which this ship has nothing SHORT of...We wanted Johnny Rockets...what?! Johnny Rockets??!! Hell yeah buddy...
Me jumping the gun for food I guess...staggering!


 Johnny Rockets was bomb! (I think I tipped waaayyy tooo much...the price of being drunk I guess)
That was unwinding in stunning fashion...so much that we missed dinner altogether and woke up at 7 the next morning...lol. 

Day 3: Cozumel,Mexico - 3/19/2012

Got a call from Charlie next door and we all decided to work out again to sweat out all that alcohol...
Put the jams on and 45 minutes later on the stationary bike...damn this ship is awesome with all its versitility!

 After another quick breakfast at the Windjammer Cafe, it was time to depart the ship and set foot on Cozumel...Charlie and I decided to go fishing for their bottom critters...we caught an assortment of bottom dwellers...including Banana Fish,Trigger Fish, Yellowtail Snapper, etc...a couple snaps from Cozumel...




We boarded the ship to depart Cozumel after a fun day in the sun...we decided that a 24 hour hiatus from alcohol was way to long, so it was another round of drinks after dinner at the Ship's club..."The Vault"...what a strange scene...different but fun nonetheless...saw a bunch of dirty south peeps doing some sort of strange choreographed dance that was a mixture of the "Bernie" and Country line dancing...Charlie had to show them the "Cat Daddy"...West Coast Style...and I had to tell everybody else to ReeeeeLax....



 Although we didn't hammered, we did catch a nice buzz...overall satisfying day 3...

Day 4: 2nd stop Georgetown Grand Cayman - 3/20/2012

This place is Paradise...let me tell you. The 7-Mile beach is the BEST beach I've ever set foot on. The water is so crystal clear, it looks fake...like a man-made swimming pool. It was crazy...we just grabbed a couple brews and relaxed...




 This place is also a fishing gold mine! Too bad I didn't have enough time to sample it...there were large schools of Tarpon milling around the shore front restaurants...all 40-50 pound fish...damn, what I would give to just cast to them one time!
In this pic, in the upper right hand corner, that large black mass inches from the bank are the Tarpon...they were so shallow, their dorsal and tail fins were rising above the water!
 Parting shot from Grand Cayman...Local folklore...I guess it's true...

Day 5:Falmouth,Jamaica - 3/21/2012

After an uneventful evening(we were beat by the Grand Cayman sun), we awoke to the fresh air of Jamaica. That meant we were about to go Ziplining! This was badass...I enjoyed it much more than I thought...I'll definitely be doing again...I captured come awesome Go Pro Videos...here are some snap shots...







 Then we had a bomb ass lunch...Jamaican Jerk Chicken...with a local visitor...

 We rounded out the day at Dunn River Falls...place was packed!
 Day 6: Cruising - 3/22/2012

 This day was spent relaxing...by this point...I was relieved of all my stresses. The day was spent mini-golfing and enjoying the Sun....

It was also "Formal" night for that evening' dinner. We missed the first Formal night because we drank to much 4 days...remember?? Hahahaha
So I came murdered out...Charlie kept it Purple Haze...

 Had an awesome dinner...Lobster and Shrimp...and every Dessert that was on the menu! My diet is definitely out the window!!!



 I killed 3 lobster tails by myself!!! Can you say Destroyed?
 Damn, life is sweet right now!

Day 7: Cruising - 3/23/2012

Another day of relaxing was in order for us. We did,have to however, start gathering our things and packing it up for tomorrows Debarkation. 
It was also Melody's Birthday today...it's something special to celebrate a Birthday out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
So I made us reservations at Portifino's, a specialty Italian Restaurant.
We had a good time with once again, Bomb food...I had the Filet Mignon...wow

 It was our last night on the Voyager of the Seas...I thoroughly enjoyed my time aboard this ship. Wonderful crew and if you're thinking of a cruise, choose Royal Caribbean...you won't be sorry!
We all were sad about leaving the ship, but that meant an extra 3 days in New Orleans!!!

March 24th-27

Here are some of the sites from New Orleans...I can't get enough of my home town!!!
First stop was Deanie's for some BBQ Shrimp!!! Then it was Cafe Du Monde for Beignets and a Cafe Au Lait!



 Then we checked into our digs for the next 3 nights...the Prince Conti Hotel of Conti and Bourbon...damn nice spacious room!
 Did I mention this place has some bomb ass grub?? Fried Chicken,Red Beans and Rice, Crawfish Omelettes, Cajun Taco's, Gumbo...we had it all...even food from all over the country at the Roadfood Show...





 Also watched the "Hunger Games" at a brand new Movie Theater that is like a Muvico on 'Roid's...It's limited selective seating, complete with servers at your beck and call with their own food menu. You can get a full bottle of wine. You even have a call button for crying out loud!It was by far the best movie experience I've ever been apart of...



 Other sites worth mentioning...




Bourbon Street is amazing...Saturday night,Sunday night,and even Monday night was off the hook with party people...I wish downtown Ventura was the same atmosphere...

We even saw "The Messenger" dude filming a new insurance commercial...
 We finished off the last even with Deanie's yet again...YEAH...it's that GOOD!!! BBQ Shrimp...Charbroiled and Raw Oysters...damn it was the Shiznit!!!




 In closing, it was sad to have seen our much anticipated vacation end. It was a much needed rest from reality. It also reminds of how blessed I am. I did things on this trip that some will never ever get to do in their lifetime. So I am grateful for the position I am in. There you have it...soak this up like a sponge Danny!!!

Until next time!!!! Outro!!! Time to go back to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment